View Single Post
Old September 29, 2018   #79
clara
Tomatovillian™

[QUOTE=AlittleSalt;715787]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clara View Post

Clara, what you described is a 5 months spring and summer drought in Texas. I know we are a long way apart geographically, but our best tomato gardening years happened in those same situations that you wrote about.

What I have learned in my gardening experience is that it's easier to water the right amount during a drought. The opposite being when it rains too much, it's very difficult drying out the soil.
Salt, normally we have winter, spring, summer, autumn and again winter - like many other people in other regions of the world. But this year was totally different: A LONG winter, followed by 5 months of extremely hot summer and now some regions have already had the first frosty nights. No spring - and now perhaps no autumn? Frosty nights in September, I don't remember when we had them the last time. November would be normal.

I grow everything in containers, mostly rather big ones. And I live on top of a hill, so much water has never been a problem. Watering everything is a problem for me, my bad back does not like it...
clara is offline   Reply With Quote