View Single Post
Old September 17, 2018   #70
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardadore View Post
Green thumb, I forgot to mention in my earlier posting (Post 59) that the link for Village Point Shopping was for you since it is in Omaha! Maybe you’ll have some luck there if it is near you!

I decided to swing by last Saturday and see how market prices were. That market is actually up the street from me. My former growing partner used to sell there years back, a few things that he had excess of after making sauce. He got $3 for each orange tomato when no one else was selling anything but red balls and sold out. They were in awful shape too.

I didn't see any bouquets, unlike my visit last year.

Prior to the visit, I was able to call one of the sellers on that list but they had no large garlic left. One seller there had garlic, but it was the size of a quarter costing a dollar. I am not used to seeing large bulbs at a farmers market here. Too valuable for our booming restaurant trade.

Met a nice lady that I had heard grows for a big seed seller. It was a good day and learned lots about local organizations from her.

Sadly my closest feed store closed last month. They didn't see garlic or anything but packaged seeds but did have weed free straw. Goodbye QC Supply, shall miss you!

Last edited by greenthumbomaha; September 17, 2018 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to add we don't have Agway in Nebraska.
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote