View Single Post
Old August 16, 2018   #38
bower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowingCoastal View Post
Yet I've been hearing, since the '80's at least, that roundup is safe enough to drink just like the scientist says in this article. Safe enough to spray wearing shorts according to my city's lands management office.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...oore_n_6956034

If that's what people have been told by employers and scientists and they believe it who is really at fault?

In the 90's I was living in the city with my young child... I was already a gardener LOL and had my patch of veggies and flowers and herbs in the back. One day I went out in the back yard and the neighbor (who had a very ostentatious and manicured garden!) was spraying something through the fence into our yard. I said "What are you doing?" and when he looked up he sprayed the stuff all over my bare legs. Turns out he had goutweed that spread into our garden, and now the only way to control it was to kill the stuff in our place as well. About ten feet from my veggies, in the garden where the children play. I asked him not to do that but oh no, it's got to be done! says the old coot. It was a tipping point for me, and I started looking for a place, to move somewhere more rural where I didn't have to worry what was coming through the fence.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote