View Single Post
Old August 9, 2018   #3293
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
Elight - You start really early. Good luck to you and all of us this season for our gardens and keeping hurricanes away. I'm going to start a limited amount this weekend and start the rest on October 1 when we get back from Tennessee.

I want to thank Marsha and Ella for recommending getting a dehydrator. We dehydrated the end of year cherry tomatoes that were still on the vine when pulling up the plant. We've dehydrated 3 times already. I think I will be dehydrating mangoes this weekend. The last time we used it, we did it outside on our porch; I liked it so much better than running it in the kitchen.
Barb, Marsha is making fruit leather as well. I finally tried it for the first time two days ago. I believe, you purchased special mats for that as well. It turned out good and it was easy, as Marsha was saying it would be.
My DH wanted some home made preserves and got from a local fruit store overripe plums. They would be probably throwing them away in a day. He got two boxes for $3. I made 12 quarts of plum preserves. Decided to try to make fruit leather from one of the jars. Mmm...

Thank you, Marsha, for encouragement.

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote