View Single Post
Old July 11, 2018   #16
SpookyShoe
Tomatovillian™

Default No offense taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronPete View Post
Thanks Carolyn and Donna. On re-reading my previous post it does appear that I am questioning the origins of this particular tomato which was not my intention. I was interested in whether there was some sort of dna type test for generally checking the origins of new species. My apologies if I offended anyone. On a side note when I moved to PEI I made new friends one of whom is a 70ish gent that loves gardening like I do. He had never heard of dark tomatoes so when I started mine I gave him one of the starts for Indian Stripe. He was so thrilled about that tomato when it finally ripened that it was great to hear him rave about it. I had a hard time convincing him to try any others. He did eventually try different ones but Indian Stripe is still his hands-down favorite!

Thanks, Pete
Pete, there was absolutely no offense taken by me. I just thought I would chime in and say what I knew about Indian Stripe. I can't believe that the tomato which was once confined to a garden in Arkansas is now a favorite all over the world. Clyde Burson called his tomato Indian Stripe which sounds very similar to Cherokee Purple, what with both tomatoes having green shoulders and faint striping emanating from said shoulders.

Donna

Last edited by SpookyShoe; July 11, 2018 at 09:55 PM.
SpookyShoe is offline   Reply With Quote