View Single Post
Old April 19, 2018   #8
CamuMahubah
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustdevil View Post
I didn't get supper unless my chores were done...which included weeding. If I wanted to have a milkshake, I had to wiggle a cow udder in Grandpa's barn
Folks I have identified the braggadocio!

It was Mr Devil in the barn with the udder!?

Mr. Mahubah has let you all down by not recording his childhood growing up on a cattle ranch that doubled as a cash crop farm as pertaining to the market circa the mid eighties till the fabulous 00's.

Camu would have you know that he has built barbwire fence as long as any man's ego is wide.

Sadly it was always beans or mustard greens instead of tomatoes.

It was Camu's lovely mother who grew tomatoes forty miles away. He enjoyed what little time he got to spend in his mother's bountiful garden and citrus groves.

And yes he was spoiled there through delicious hamburger dinners with home grown Beefsteak tomato toppings. And yes...ice cream was served after these dinners. It is what mom's do when there son visits for a week or so in the Summer.

Halcyonic events of my youth will never be trounced apon by those who marched to school in the snow uphill both ways or whatever...

I'm still searching for that great tomato flavor of my younger days and seedlings have sprouted this year already. I wish you all the best luck and I hope to have a pomodor as soon as July 1st..ish.
CamuMahubah is offline   Reply With Quote