View Single Post
Old August 8, 2007   #11
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default 2007 CHOPTAG Taste Fest

Our friend and neighbor, Cathy, and I plan to be there. I don't know if Larry plans to join us or not.

In late May, I received a phone call from a lady who belongs to the Frankfort Kentucky Garden Club. She was searching for someone to speak at an August meeting on Heirloom Tomatoes; I commited myself. This Friday August 10 is their meeting and we plan to have some tomatoes for tasting as well. I am keeping my fingers crossed in hopes of having enough varieties to share. My contact person came the day of the Thieneman Nursery Heirloom Tomato Sale in May and I was able to meet her; she will be bringing some of the tomatoes she is growing. Summer meetings usually have fifty plus members in attendance. I am looking forward to talking about my favorite topic -- Heirloom Tomatoes. I will be spreading the word that CHOPTAG is meeting next week.
Gary