View Single Post
Old April 6, 2018   #8
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

There are some things I am factoring in by the 4' spacing. The prevailing winds during most of the year are from Southeast and Southwest. The row of plants are Southeast to Northwest which means the air circulation isn't optimal. The southeast winds are humid off of the Gulf of Mexico. The southwest winds are from Mexico - the desert - that go through Austin (State capitol) picking up even more dry hot air

Amount of sunlight is important too. I wish they could get more early morning sun, but the huge oak tree to the east is more important to me than the tomato plants. (I know "Tomatoville" - not treeville, but tomatoes grow for part of one year - oak trees grow for 100+ years.)

Here is my intended list the buckets, and so far, everything looks good to plant out around April 15th.

1. Ambrosia Orange UBX - grown in the Nature's Care potting mix.
2. Black Krim or Japanese Pink Cherry grown in the Nature's Care potting mix for comparison.
3. Gargamel - a very interesting good tasting tomato that I want to share seeds of.
4. Garnet
5. Japanese Pink Cherry - excellent taste.
6. Medovaya Kaplya - excellent taste. Only 1 plant available.
7. Porter or another Gargamel grown in the Nature's Care potting mix for comparison.
8. Suncherry Extra Sweet F1 - Only 1 plant available.
9. Sungold F1 - Only 1 plant available.
10. Yellow Riesentraube - Only 1 plant available.

I left out the details part about the Yellow Riesentraube. I want to grow it more for the seeds. It does taste good, but how it came to be a variety is very interesting to me, and is why I want to grow it and share seeds.

Last edited by AlittleSalt; April 6, 2018 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Yellow Riesentraube
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote