View Single Post
Old March 17, 2018   #39
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Tim View Post
FourOaks, as Bower mentioned LED won't take extreme heat. Most folks that have diodes burn out don't run an air exchange system. That's why I always run cool air intake and exhaust in my situation. I know the manufacture I use will send you free diodes if you have any burn out. I'm going on 2 years and not one bad diode yet. HID, HPS and MH are old school lighting. They do work. But, you'll pay to run them. I run a cheap batwing hood because I just wanted to run a 1 plant comparison. The light will be gifted to a friend soon.

Have you looked into CMH by any chance. It may give you the best of both worlds for your greenhouse.

Happy gardening..
Tim... do you know of any comparison charts that involve LED vs. HID lighting? I havent looked that hard. But I do know that no matter what, 1000 watts is 1000 watts.

Never heard of CMH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Shaw View Post
Unless the warmth of HPS benefits you, or you're trying to cover a large area, they're overkill. Seedlings just don't require that much light. T12's in simple daylight bulbs (6500k) have turned out beautiful trays of seedlings for years.
Ricky... in this case yes.

You may have missed whats going on. My seedling operation is expanding, and im combating cold gray days out in the greenhouses. So, in this instance, the heat and power of HID lighting would be beneficial.

I currently use T8s, am at the point to switch to T5s, LED, or HID.

And Greatgardens, once again, sorry to highjack your thread. You havent chimed in, so it would be interesting to see what your opinion is.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote