Thread: Fermenting.
View Single Post
Old March 10, 2018   #759
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrr_Luda View Post
Hi Worth, just reading your instructions now! It is here, looks huge, already with 3 small heads of cabbage in it. It will probably fit another two heads of cabbage, but i see there isn't enough juice to cover the stones completely, so i need something heavy like a rock from the backyard, before i put the lid on semi-permanently, so far i opened it 5 times already!!!!! and poured water to the mote instead of brine!!! I wonder how many more mistakes I'll make before learning. I am planning to use it often, so i guess i'll have to learn eventually. You are right about getting 2, would be good to have one dedicated to kimchi only, will take another two years for me to get there. So, you'll be making 5 liters of poblano hot sauce? Hope it comes out amazing!
How on earth did you get three heads of cabbage in a 1.3 gallon container?
If the cabbage is fresh and you shred it and put it in a bowl with the required amount of salt.
Then let it set for awhile it should make a ton of water.
After that it needs to be tamped down hard with a big dowel to crush up the cabbage and release water.
Any water you put in it should be at least two tablespoons per quart or even three.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote