View Single Post
Old August 3, 2007   #41
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkwc36 View Post
Suze first great garden. Just found this thread. After reading all of this makes me want to come down your SETT Fest next year. I'm looking forward to tasting my Indian Stripe now. And hate I lost my Earl's Faux. Again thanks Feldon and Suze for sharing photo's and information. Also where did you find Turk's Mut seeds? I may have to try that one. Feldon had mentioned it but had never heard of it before. Jay
Jay, thanks for the kind words. Ah, memories! My garden sure doesn't look like that now. It is an utter mess, and if I weren't sick this week (bad cold) I'd already have most of the plants pulled.

I got my Turks Mut seeds from Deer Park. He is a very nice man and always sends me lots of extras whenever we trade. I will say what I am growing is PL, and frankly I'm not quite sure if it is the same variety as Turks Nuts or if it's supposed to be RL or PL. I need to ask him.

In the spring, I got PL seedlings and decided to go with them after googling a bit and finding a Turks Muts PL.

Morgan just told me that from my saved seeds, he is getting about 50/50 RL/PL. Cross or instability, beats me. I told him to go with the PL if he wanted to get what I got.

Having said that, you're welcome to seeds if you want. PM me in the fall.