View Single Post
Old January 12, 2018   #228
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl2601 View Post
Marsha, your tomatoes are amazing! Thank you for sharing so much of your garden. I just bought several Earth Boxes on Black Friday and have never used them before. I am wondering how you cage your tomatoes successfully? From the pics it appears you use some standard cages but maybe also some free form cages and stakes? Do they just anchor into the earth box?
Heide
Heidi I'm you're enjoying the photos. We bought a roll of field fence over 300 feet of it, and that's what we made custom circumferential cages out of for our Earthboxes. I also have a normal Home Depot type tomato cage around both tomatoes in each earthbox because just the circumferential cage doesn't support the tomatoes enough and they tend to Sag once some weight comes on to the tomatoes. We bought galvanized field fence it has 6 inch square so it's easy to pick and to spray through. The field fence is 4 feet tall. We have used this field fence for about 5 years but it's looking like we'll have to replace some because overtime it gets a little bit bent too much.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote