View Single Post
Old September 27, 2017   #29
upcountrygirl
Tomatovillian™

Aug. 31st saw us leaving for the farthest camping destination to date. We went to Panama City Beach, FL for the Gulf Coast Jam(a series of country music concerts). We stayed @ Raccoon River Campground. There was rain from the remnants of Hurricane Harvey and no one was able to get in the ocean due to the rip tides(that was something new my kids learned about). Overall we enjoyed it.

Labor Day saw my husband and I flying to CA for the Heirloom Expo. I really enjoyed it! I hope to take my kids next year if I can get the 2 oldest excused from school those days. The following Friday my husband and I flew to VA to meet the rest of the family for a wkend camping trip @ Misty Mountain Resort. We visited Monticello. That Sunday was Grandparents Day. Gigi had never been to Monticello and wanted to see it. Everyone enjoyed that as well. We came home Sunday and prepared, well for us, tropical storm Irma. She took out my clothesline by way of a dead pine tree and she also took out a huge pine in my back yard area. We have the clothesline back up and the trees disposed of.
upcountrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote