Thread: Texas Look Out!
View Single Post
Old September 7, 2017   #437
SteveP
Tomatovillian™

Rock, I am glad you took the time to get some normal back in your
Life. It can sure make a difference in our psyche.

If the stores would just put reasonable limits on consumables after disasters they could make sure food was available to those that needed it. Sounds like that lady was still in freak out mode and felt a freezer full of meat would make her safe. Everyone reacts differently when disaster hits. Some use reason and some flop around for some time. Around here some never recovered from the mental trauma.

A couple of days ago I saw a friend who I hadn't seen since the tornado. He was interviewed several times on the Weather Channel in the early coverage on Joplin. I almost didn't recognize John. I asked how he was doing and he said "not good". Said his stomach was messed up, he was drinking a lot and had been unable to find work. Like many, the storm really rocked his world and he has been unable to regroup and get his life together. He said he is trying to get disability but had been turned down 4 times by the powers that decide such matters and he had 3 doctors on his side. John is a good guy, but has irrational thinking at times and unable to function.

Anyway, I am glad to hear you and your husband are making progress. One day at a time working toward the solutions is a good game plan.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote