Thread: Texas Look Out!
View Single Post
Old September 2, 2017   #360
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Good morning. Still no power from our house or to the left of us and down the street. The neighbors on the right and all the way down the right side of the street have power. Shouldn't be too long before we have it too.

We now have internet and cable tv, making it much easier to see what I am typing here because I am using my computer. Recovery has been quick for services.

We are slowly getting the debris cleaned up but it will be a long hard process. Lots of roof shingles from a few of the neighbors houses in the yard and garbage everywhere. We have a tiny front yard to stack it in and our neighbors on either side have not cleaned anything up on theirs.

I'll be willing to bet the church back there will demand we clean up the entire fence line since the pastor there treated it as if the broken fence was all our responsibility and none of theirs. I haven't seen anyone over there doing anything to fix things. Our yard cannot hold all that broken fence. About 300 feet of it(actually about 400') between the back side and both side yards. Someone needs to get moving and start helping out around here.

Hubby moved the shed parts that were up against the RV to stop any further damage from occurring to it, but the neighbor their hasn't started any cleanup. He is a first responder, but he has two teenage boys and a wife that could be out there taking care of things. After all, in my condition, if I am helping hubby, I think they are all capable of using helping hands. The other side is my neighbor I am happy has his house for sale. They have been there since we got home but not one person has done anything to start cleanup. I'm getting a bit annoyed at this moment. We can only do so much in the early morning hours and it is way too hot to be out there past 10:00 am. The mosquitos are out in droves too, we could only find one bottle of cutter and it isn't doing much good.

Sounds like I am complaining and I guess I am, I was just hoping to have a neighborhood that helped each other out far better than we had before. I guess a hurricane doesn't change that, and it's sad. Hubby is one person here, many have friends or family who have come to help them cleanup, but we are alone without family here. Our friends own a lawn and garden shop, they are busy getting peoples equipment working for them and haven't even cleaned their own house up yet. We'll just keep plugging along and eventually we will be done with cleanup, then on to building a new fence all around.

~Margaret Atwood~

Last edited by Rockporter; September 2, 2017 at 11:00 AM.
Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote