Thread: Texas Look Out!
View Single Post
Old September 1, 2017   #347
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Good morning everyone. My cell phone for the first time in its life is actually getting online. A miracle in itself. Very difficult to read such a small screen though.

We arrived home to find some water damage to the ceilings in laundry room and garage.

Cell phone is working now, I can call out and text is working as well.

We have damage to the RV and the car. My shed is still here, moved forward off of it's blocks but still anchored to the ground in all four corners. My dog kennel was about an acre away. It's pretty messed up but hubby rolled it home. All fences and trees are either gone or severely damaged. Amazingly, some of the food in the freezer was still mostly frozen. I put it in the fridge to thaw and cooked it yesterday on my new blackstone griddle. Then portioned and back in the freezer for meals later.

Our town is devastated but are all plugging along. Our generator had not shipped by the time we arrived home. We found McCoys open and bought a generator from them. Got a call this morning at 5:30 am from FEDEX Freight with our generator to be delivered today.

We were able to get into Rockport and take a look at storage. It's a miracle in itself that storage is standing and the car has zero damage to it.

We have been humbled by all the blessings we have received from all the devastation around us.

Water boil is lifted. Street lights are on. Still no power to our homes. Curfew from 9:00 pm to 6:00 am.

Finally, the mosquitos have come in droves. Its awful.

I don't have much more update for you all. I feel so bad for those who have lost everything.

Signing out again. Not sure this phone will get online again. I'll try though.

Rockporter

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote