View Single Post
Old August 22, 2017   #15
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
I agree, but that might have been due to the leaffooted bug invasion - cousins of stink bugs that do the same type damage.

~~~

In 2014, 15, 16 it was black cherry, but again, it might be that they cannot take any RKN or Fusarium in the soil. I haven't had a Black Cherry plant grow enough to produce flowers much less tomatoes.
it is a great juice tomato. not a nice slicer. it has a deep core, cracks and is not a decent slicer. most of it is wasted if you want to slice it for a sandwich. the flavor isn't want I was expecting either. I think it is boring. they really aren't marketable for me. most of them sit until they are about too ripe to sell then they either go to a friend who is on disability and she cooks them down and cans them or they go to the compost or chickens. I have about 12 plants and they really don't look like the advertised fruit. the pdf I read about them maybe from Penn state hyped them up really well. nicer than big dena. I will grow big dena for the whole row next year. no brandy boys.