View Single Post
Old August 15, 2017   #96
NewWestGardener
Tomatovillian™

Like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp View Post
Rita, welcome o the forum, and please stick around, it really has been a great place, not only for tomatoes, but for all the wonderfully generous and caring people behind the screen names.

The following has nothing to do with you, <smile>.

I wasn't going to post for a while, but I am.

Everyone, just please stop.

Myself, I don't care for who is "right" or "wrong" at this point. It's gone to major ugly and for a tomato????

Are ya'll willing to throw away a good forum that we have all enjoyed for a long time, online and in person friendships, wonderful information on tomatoes and all sorts of growing things and methods, open handed sharing of resources/seeds/time and more, a community that has done so well?

Spartanburg's tomato, the heart shape, is popping up for other growers it seems. Dotson's Lebanese Heart has been distributed under at least 4 names so far as I understand it, so all this fighting and escalating feelings , the acrid back and forth, is for what?

That ship has already sailed well away by now.

You might as well try to catch the wind in your hand and hold it.

All this anger, all this pain, for something that should be a delight, a wonderful tomato to grow and eat. Potentially losing friends and causing pain to many, creating ill will, dividing and pitting members against each other and destroying the community we all have here, maybe even destroying a forum like iDig was destroyed and some others as well - is it worth that cost to continue the ugliness?

What has happened so far has already happened and none of us can change that. We all can rise above it and just stop before it gets worse and terrible things are said to each other and causing our community to be lost.

All this, over a tomato. From people I admire, respect and treasure, look up to and many I consider friends.

Please, please, just stop, let it go now because nothing in the past can be changed as to what has happened up to this point, but each of us can decide to work to heal from the acrimony or to continue to destroy what we all have here.

It's in your hands, your choices.
NewWestGardener is offline   Reply With Quote