View Single Post
Old July 10, 2017   #2882
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Until this year, I raised everything. But I had such a problem with wind and plants getting knocked over. Some plants were on plastic such as the empty potting mix bags (they last a long time). Others were on the round 18" slabs.

The past 3 days I started working outside around 6 and accomplished a lot. Except for the few plants I have left, I've dumped the remaining EB and Root Pouches into the raised beds. Then tonight, I mixed in the Neptune's Harvest Crab Shells - good future nutrition and the chiton is suppose to be effective against nematodes. Anyway, the mix looked really good in the raised beds. I then covered them with the existing weed barrier I used in the fall. For the holes, I put plastic (used as the EB covers) under some, duct taped a few, and then just placed a brick on the rest (easiest).

I'm hoping any salts in my mix will be washed away from rain over the summer.

---
Meanwhile, my emptied EB need pressure washed. On prior years, I could easily just hose them but they are yucky.

----
The season since October had been fantastic, but I feel so much more burned out this year than any other year. Anyone else feel this way?
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote