View Single Post
Old May 29, 2017   #32
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Dee, I can only refer you to Tollie's website( he bred the variety) and the pictures he showed as to no antho foliage,I think maybe post #19

Many varieties I've grown as seedlings have purple stems, but I never called them antho, and they weren't antho ones anyway. As the seedlings grew the stems turned green.

Carolyn
I got my seeds directly from Tollie, and I am familiar with his website. I'm am far from an expert on antho tomatoes, and to tell the truth, I'm not a huge fan of them either.

However, of the 7 or 8 antho varieties that I have grown, in every case there was antho in the stem and and leaves, most noticeable when young of course. I would be very surprised to hear of an a plant producing an antho fruit that never showed some amount of darkness in the stem and foliage at some point in it's development. I agree that with mature foliage it's not always as evident because the green color seems to dominate. I've never grown two different antho varieties side by side, so can't say if dark leaves vary much by variety.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote