View Single Post
Old May 28, 2017   #17
Hudson_WY
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardeneer View Post
As if it wasn't enough to deal with the stinking Stink Bugs, now I have to deal with a worm with a horn . Arrrgh!
They are worse than rabbits and deer, if left unchecked. The first time I saw a potted Scotch Bonnet decimated, with the poo all over, I though: Is this Rabbit ? NO ! Maybe rat ? NO. What the heck is it ?
Then I saw some of my tomatoes having the same issue. Then I made a discovery . OOOH!
Now one of my daily garden rituals is hunting horn worms. And I wear organic shoes for this.
QUESTIONS: Where do they come from ? What they become ? I have seen caterpillars before but never Horn Worm. These creatures eat like a goat.
Anybody else is having this problem ? How do you handle it ?
Gardeneer - your best option may be to move to Wyoming (no stink bugs or horn worms here!) and build a GH - haha!! We lived in St. George, Utah for several years (many years ago) and paid our kids $.10 for every horn worm they found. They would place them in a quart jar as they caught them (ugly critters!). They made lots of spending money and we were horn worm free that year - haha.
Hudson_WY is offline   Reply With Quote