View Single Post
Old May 27, 2017   #48
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardeneer View Post
Thanks Bill.
The other day that I was at Lowes, I asked for Permethrin. But they didn't have it.
They had DE ( powder ? )in a bag. I read the active ingredients : It was mostly silica.
The I googled and here is what I learned:

My Stink Bug problem, is not that bad I cannot even find one. But they keep sucking the juice from couple of beefsteak variety that is ripening.

Lowes is not the best place to find some things. I just went out a couple of days ago to a farm supply store and got a quart of 10% Permethrin by Hi Yield that is for livestock and vegetable gardens. It only cost me 18 dollars and should last for a few years unless I have another summer of spider mites like last year.

You can get food grade DE online fairly cheaply if you shop a bit. I bought a 50 lb bag of high quality food grade DE several years ago for a very reasonable price and the supplier had lots of different sizes available. I went with the large bag because I use it around all my structures for fleas and roaches and have been using it as a dust and as a spray in the garden. I think you really want to get the food grade because it is so fine and goes into solution in water very easily and is very low in silica content.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote