View Single Post
Old May 14, 2017   #57
OzoneNY
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
Craig I wish that video had been available 40 years ago. So much useful information in a very short but concise video. Unlike most gardening videos the presentation was very clear and easy to understand even for a novice. Simple explanations and simple instructions on how you do what you do without going into the distracting details which can make a show like this hard to follow. Your method of growing could be very useful for gardeners with soil problems that are rather severe in areas of the South. Using your techniques could eliminate the need to learn to graft which for many is a step too far. Using those simple techniques you showed could also free so many to grow heirlooms instead of being tied to hybrids due to the soil problems that are endemic in so many locations.

I think you came across as someone who is absolutely in love with his tomato growing. I can certainly relate but unlike you I do not have the patience or perseverance to keep up with all the data. I think that is a remarkable feat and shows great dedication. Thanks for posting the video and I will be recommending your book and videos to some of the many gardeners that I converse with. What you do is far simpler than the lengthy and rather difficult methods that I use and I feel would be much more readily accepted by the average gardener or the beginning gardener just looking to have a good tasting tomato. You have shown a simple and effective way to do that without it becoming too much of an effort or expense. Of course we both know that with a little success the obsession for growing heirlooms may not be far behind; but no need to mention that.

Bill
+1
OzoneNY is offline   Reply With Quote