View Single Post
Old May 9, 2017   #53
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
Snap dragon flowers are one of my sons fave.

Excellent work, Gerardo. Keep these pictures coming. I am probably 2 weeks from planting out. Weather here is just not cooperating this year.
Hang in there, it'll cooperate and before you know it it's caprese salad time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper2008 View Post
Geraldo, are all your plants in containers? Interesting, those containers that look
like little laundry baskets can support 2 tomato plants. Is this garden in Tijuana
or San Diego? Sorry for all the questions, haven't read the whole thread.
We used to go to Tijuana and Ensenada back in the day (80's). I grew up in
Whittier, CA
No worries. Garden is on the MX side. I do 2 plants in each container, it holds a little under 5 gals. Fertigation allows me to get away with smaller volumes. Eventually they go full kratky and break through the bottom and into the tube.

Those towns you remember from the 80s are long gone, replaced by a large sprawling beast. Ensenada has grown a lot, fortunately it has room to spread its legs. Here's a little trivia fact: the largest municipality by area in the Americas is Ensenada. It covers over 50,000 km2!!!!!!!! Over 70% of Baja California Norte belongs to Ensenada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Shaw View Post
I looks so botanical and beautiful. A laboratory of life, you inspire us all Gerardo.
G Osteen , life coach, available for speaking engagements. Thanks RS, I'm about 80% done with my renovations, just have a few more beautification projects and it'll be ready for a photo session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsacharley View Post
If I worked as hard as Gerardo in that climate I'd sweat 5 gallons a day....if I could do it.
Lots of sunblock, and mostly working in the evenings helps a lot. I'm sure my neighbor's are tired of hearing me pump my 2 gallon sprayer around 11 pm.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote