View Single Post
Old April 18, 2017   #25
bower
Tomatovillian™

The wiki on tetanus vaccine is also an interesting page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetanus_vaccine

They say it is very safe, even for pregnant women and people with AIDS/HIV.

They also say Tdap is the booster for younger people and Td as you get older. The small d means there is less diptheria in the vaccine than tetanus.
And one interesting point, they say you should get your booster before age 65.
KarenO made the right point, that your qualified doctor or public health nurse would know exactly how this is to be applied. In Canada the public health nurses run clinics that offer vaccines... I have nothing but GOOD to say about the nurses in these clinics, that I have dealt with. Honest, intelligent, caring people with none of the big pharma side agendas and conflicts of interest you find in the medical doctors office. Simply fantastic people. When I get some free time, I'll track down their number and give a call, see if I can get the tetanus shot from them.

I had the whooping cough as a child, before the vaccine was available. It was not a bit nice. That is a scary story about the newborn. I have a wee two month old in my family circle and another one expected in the summer, plus a young boy nearly five whose father is opposed to vaccinations. I'm not sure if he got them or not.... it's a bit worrisome!
bower is offline   Reply With Quote