View Single Post
Old February 17, 2017   #176
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father'sDaughter View Post
My conventional seed starting time with my indoor growing conditions and in my zone, is 10 to 12 weeks from seed drop to plant out. This is the timeline I've been using for years now and I set out good sized, stocky plants that can withstand the occasional late May/early June cool overnight temps.

If, as you say, grafting adds an average of two weeks, then my proposed 13 week timeline for grafting should work.
I agree that you will be having slower growth with your growing conditions. I have mine in a greenhouse which gets up in the 80s most days and doesn't cool down inside below about 50 at night this time of the year and they are getting natural light in abundance. These conditions probably result in faster growing and tougher plants which will speed up my timeline. Like I said it is better to have larger plants to set out than smaller ones with the windy weather of spring as long as they are supported immediately.

You know your experience much better than I do so you should go with your gut feeling. The worst that will happen that way is you might be ready a bit earlier than anticipated and that shouldn't be a problem.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote