View Single Post
Old February 14, 2017   #27
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Foot Smells View Post
If you could post the date you planted the seed, it would be helpful for me. Mine are almost 1 month old (seed sowed 01/16/17) and just now have emergence of first true leaf. I think my light setup is weak. Plan on potting up to 4" pot within the week and hopefully some nice weather to get them outside for a spell.
Well, the common practice is to starts seeds 6 to 8 weeks before plant out. Lets take an average : 7 weeks. Any longer time than that you will/might get lanky plants and if pots are small they will get root bound.

I started my first batch on 1/14/17, with intention to plant out around March 14th. That will be 8 weeks. I might go ahead and do it one week early. Gotta see how the weather plays.. If I have to keep them longer, I will repot them into bigger pots (quart ). I should be able to know and decide this in about 7 days, by checking 15 days forecast. Sofar it looks promising til Feb 28. What will be first week of March ?

BTW: Our March average temperature are 40F(L) to 66F(H). I can live with that. But we have been getting warmer than average Jan, Feb and March should follow the same, per National Weather Service's long term forecast.

Happy Gardening !
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote