View Single Post
Old February 13, 2017   #142
Fusion_power
Tomatovillian™

Just pulling your chain a bit Worth. I know you are detail oriented enough to do the work I do. It is orders of magnitude more stringent than the electrical wiring I did back in the 1970's.

One of my favorite tricks for a solid electrical fix is when the cord on a power tool goes bad. I have lots of tools that are 30 or more years old. If I wanted to spend $20 per cord, I could purchase cords made for the purpose. Most of the time, I go to a reliable electrical supply and get a 10 ft extension cord of the appropriate wire size and modify it by cutting the receptacle end off and using silicon rubber to form a grommet where the cord goes into the power tool. I have several of these replacement cords on skilsaws, drills, etc. Why use an extension cord? Because it is made of UV resistant plastic, is available in the correct wire size, is made to be very flexible, and costs about half as much as the dedicated replacement cords. Don't ask what I do with the left over receptacle ends. I've created some hydra headed monsters over the years.
Fusion_power is offline   Reply With Quote