View Single Post
Old February 7, 2017   #138
Jimbotomateo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Here is and update and rehash of the weekend project I was doing at someones place.
I had to re run conduit through a wall from the back of the house to the front by way of the ceiling in the corner by the garage opening.
Then back out the wall into the ground and out to the sewer pump and high fluid level switch.
Two weekends ago I go over to finish and the breaker is tripped to the pump.
We flipped it back on and it tripped after awhile.
I was there to connect the GFCI outlet to it and put in a duplex outlet in the garage.
What the?

It came to my conclusion the pump decided to kick the bucket while I am working there.
I could feel that my friend wasn't so sure I didn't do something to fry the pump.
I explained to him there was nothing I could have done to fry the pump.
This pump had been in since 2003.
The sewer guys came out while he was there last week to install a new pump.
I was worried they may say something about my way of wiring this stuff up.
I asked my friend what they thought of it.
They told him it was really slick how I did it and thought it was great.
They told him the pump he had in it was cheap too.
The new pump runs fine and after about 30 minutes of pumping the red alarm light went out the way is was supposed to.
Everything is working fine.

Story of my life I go to fix something and something else blows up.

Worth
I've had things go like that on jobs too Worth.. Not much you can do carry on. I'm sure you've saved a lot of people unnecessary costs in your time which you don't always get credit for.. One job in particular the homeowners plumber told him the shower pan was leaking so l gave him 3500 est to replace. Out of curiosity I pulled handle and escutcheon off before tearout and discovered the valve was leaking. The man was so happy to find out it was a simple fix! . Pretty sure he called different plumber to repair it..
Jimbotomateo is offline   Reply With Quote