Thread: Marijuana
View Single Post
Old January 28, 2017   #33
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGardener23 View Post
From what I understand, when you buy an oral form from a dispensary (tincture, RSO syringe, edibles, etc.) they only calculate the amount of "usable" cannabis in the item not the amount of herb that was used to make the item. For instance, RSO is a very concentrated oil that I think takes a lot of whole herb to yield a small amount of oil. Additionally, they seem to be more concerned about regulating THC vs CBD so a strain higher in THC will be deemed to have more "usable" cannabis than a low THC strain. In the case of my father, with the respiratory problems associated with ALS we didn't want him to use any method that could compromise his lungs. He uses RSO oil that we encapsulate with coconut oil and he takes as any other pill. A 1000 mg. syringe contains between 2-4 g. of "usable" cannabis. We were advised to start him at a dose equal to 1/2 grain of rice, which is very tiny, thus a syringe lasts a loooong time. That said, I've read that when people are using RSO for cancer "treatment" they are supposed to work up to something like 1 g. of RSO oil PER DAY which I can hardly imagine not putting someone in a serious stupor/coma....as for edibles, I have no idea about those but I have been told that they are dosed in 10-20mg. "servings" from the dispensary and people are advised to break those into small portions. I have a friend who was in CO (recreational use legal) and she reported that 1/4 of a brownie (presumably at 10-20 mg. total) packed a major wallop.
A wallop isn't the word for it.
Anybody want to build a reflux tower I know how, so you can distill something down to individual components.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote