Thread: Marijuana
View Single Post
Old January 28, 2017   #16
bower
Tomatovillian™

Durgan's OP is a bit misleading, it is not at all legal (yet) to grow marijuana in Canada unless you have an official permit and a prescription from a physician for medical use. This type of permit or license may be easy to get in some provinces but not at all in others. We have never had any dispensaries here in NL until very recently a couple of them popped up, I guess in anticipation of the federal law changes. Sad to say, they were raided by the police and shut right down. This happened only about a month ago. The fact it is supposed to be legalized soon, made no difference. Since they've taken their time about the promise to change this law, I would be happier if they had redirected police priorities in advance, but this has not happened.

Penalties for growing have always been a lot more serious than possession. I know a guy who got nailed for two little plants in his house - they treat it as 'production' no different than if you were running a meth lab! So I am +1 what A Little Salt said, exactly. I would like to have it for medical uses, but until it's legal, it would never be worth the risk to me, so I never have, and couldn't tell you anything about growing it.....
Except that the grower sites often pop up in my google searches for tomato and pepper issues, as they have some problems in common with us, like fungus gnats, mites, what lights to use for plants indoors etc. Also learned about using molasses for K+ supplement by stumbling on their (oh so many!!) sites. Everything you need to know about getting plants to flower in small pots in a closet! My peppers are duly grateful. Durgan, there's a ton of information on the internet, if you're planning to take up pot growing.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote