View Single Post
Old January 26, 2017   #2
shule1

I ordered from them. The Verona watermelon I got did very well in 2016. The only earlier watermelon was Blacktail Mountain. Verona was one of the tastiest (the only tastier ones in 2016 were second-year Ledmon and first-year Tom Watson, which were amazingly tasty). It was among the largest first-year watermelons (the only larger first-year watermelons were Carolina Cross #183, and Moon and Stars). Verona was the only watermelon I got from this vendor, though.

I was worried about the watermelon fruit botch disclaimer the company gave for bulk watermelon seeds (I didn't buy bulk), but I didn't have any problems. There are other companies with the same kind of disclaimer. They probably only do it for legal reasons. I did zap the seeds with a Z4EX before planting, however.

I also tried their Turk's Turban squash, which did the best out of my C. maxima squash in 2016 (not excellent, but decent). I got a largish fruit and a few small fruits. The soil probably wasn't the best for them, in 2016. Either that or it was the pests, I think. The only other C. maxima squash to get maturish fruit was the Jarrahdale pumpkin (which got one very small squash).

I grew their Jericho lettuce, but it needed more sun, organic matter, or something. I had it in a raised bed in the shade. Germination was low, but that seems normal for lettuce in that soil.

I'm planning to grow their Navajo Yellow melon, this year, which I ordered at the same time as the others.

The seed packets are nice. They're paper (not plastic). The seeds arrived in a timely fashion, I think.

Last edited by shule1; January 26, 2017 at 07:01 PM.