View Single Post
Old January 20, 2017   #9
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
I don't think I'd worry about fungus growing inside the drum.

I would worry about that amount of water being sucked up in an hour by a big plant.
Hi ..I presume you mean the amount of water in the tray ? yes ...I am looking out for a better tray ?? I would say my $22 Tasty tom's would gobble up a tray in a short time ...of course only my "best" varieties will be in drums and I am a long way from establishing what they are....Hopefully I will get some interest in my add in tomorrows paper re Tomato Plants for sale...I have too many and they are selling not for profit but pay for the tub they are in...I do not want too many people seeing my secret methods???..I will get some peat moss tomorrow and some polyprop???? braided rope that i read will suck up to 9 inches..???
Today was a change ,,some wind that was not too bad ,some sun that helped me do some work...If only it lasts...mind you with cricket,snooker and an inaugeration tonight (I think) I do not know how much I will be able to do this weekend..
Re the tray //We do not pay for water here so i could have a continual feed to my trays and any overflow will not do any damage...

Cheers Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote