View Single Post
Old January 19, 2017   #36
oakley
Tomatovillian™

I have a tray of MV spicy i need to harvest and another small tray of pea that is TALL and needs to be used tonight. Still very tender.

I started separate small trays of broccoli, coriander, celery, beet, arugula, more peas, a few days ago that were stacked. I un-covered those sprouting this morning. Now under lights.

The MV spicy mix is not much variety. Johnny's, though a bit more expensive, does have
more variety in its mix.
I'll take some pics when i cut.

The UrbanGardener, Curtis Stone, has quite a few videos. The advice for market gardeners by most growing is to set up your customers before diving in. Harvesting in 10 to 12 days needs a buyer.

BigV, I have relatives in the Greenville area and those that would buy can't afford it and grow their own. Knowing your customers and what they might buy would be the key to the variety. Pea shoots are quick growers and 'look' more substantial and more like the actual plant. Well, since they are. But don't look as much like 'sprouts'.
Many rely on a few restaurant orders.
A local heath food store might be a good customer. They seem to like the pea, broccoli and sunflower.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEvqngpDJqo
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote