View Single Post
Old December 17, 2016   #249
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by efisakov View Post
Ladies, this black cherry sounds unbelievable. I do not know if there is another black cherry with potato leaf. Forget about being PL multiflora.
Great job.
Yes, there is a black cherry PL multiflora, see this link and start at post #24

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...tiflora&page=2

Soren did send me the seeds and it was grown this past summer. When I responded to him that yes,it was PL, fruits larger than cherries, not round, Freda only got a few fruits from it and the taste was wonderful.

So he said he was going to work with it. And note that he said not to share seeds with anyone,only to Rob who raises all my seedlings for me and him I trust beyond the moon. As for multiflora, Freda knows what that means and said barely.

My concern was that if any fruits dropped to the soil that some bird might get seeds out of them and spread them around,but where I live if those seeds ended up in someones garden,trust me,they wouldn't know what to do with it and probably would call the Cornell Coop Ex person to make a diagnosis.

It was a lousy summer here for tomatoes,I barely got enough to eat from 17 plants, but the 4 new ones that Bill Jeffers bred were outstanding.

All for now,

Carolyn