View Single Post
Old November 29, 2016   #51
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardeneer View Post
Good selection,JMS
I think I have 7 of those in your list in mine too.
Have you grown Black Krim and Noire De Crimee during the same season ? If so what are the differences between them ? My best and favorite black has been Black from Tula. Very productive, fairly early and with very good taste. I grew one Daniel Burson last year and it turned out s dud. I might try it again in my new location. I will try Black Cherry
Jaune Flammee for the first time.
Thanks! I've grown Black Krim every year for many years now (still my fav after a year growing a handful of different black tomatoes), but after reading Carolyn's book I decided to had to grow BK and Noire De Crimee side-by-side, so I will be doing that this coming year.

I'm growing DB based on many favorable reports here--it does well for Patti who also lives in southern WI.

Black and Chocolate cherry will be firsts on both--and they too will be grown side-by-side.

I haven't grown Jaune Flammee or Earl of Edgecomb and those flavor descriptions intrigue me hence this year.

Last year was the first time I grew Big Beef F1 and was very pleased with the plant vigor, health and production. Flavor was very good, not as good as some, but still quite good. I picked a TON of green fruits and they slowly ripened in my basement this fall--which made a first for me--a garden grown tomato on Thanksgiving.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote