View Single Post
Old November 26, 2016   #33
Dark Rumor
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineRose View Post
I've gone back and forth on my tentative list. I need more dirt!

I've got a combination of earthboxes and two 4x4 raised beds available this year. I've got seeds for many more heirlooms than I have space for, and I am having trouble finding the sweet spot between trying new varieties and replanting favorites I know will produce. We also tend to have issues with lack of heat until September and powdery mildew, though I have had great success with some hybrids like Granadero. So now I am having the same dilemma wrt hybrids vs heirloom.

I was going to grow Jaune Flamme because it has done so well for me in the past. I tried Isis Candy last year in a failed attempt to branch out, and was bitterly disappointed. I am considering SunGold this year because everyone raves about it. I also want to try Big Beef for the same reason.

Decisions, decisions! Perhaps I should refine down to a pick from list and post it to get suggestions?
I am considering building another raised bed as I want to try more variety's. Course after fighting leaf disease last year I wonder if I should cut back on the number of plants and focus on maintenance instead of more plants. How many plants do you plan to grow with your current setup.
Dark Rumor is offline   Reply With Quote