View Single Post
Old October 18, 2016   #23
brownrexx
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
I envy people who live where spraying isn't necessary and disease pressure is light; but I wouldn't trade it for my very long tomato season which allows me to start eating fresh tomatoes in late May and right on through November or beyond.
Bill
I was thinking about this thread as I was picking a few tomatoes today. I do not spray and I get a lot of tomatoes (more than I need actually) but I don't get my first ripe tomato until very late in June of early July and my average first frost is October 15 so no tomatoes after that.

I was looking at my plants today and they really do look terrible and have lots of Septoria although there are lots of fresh green leaves growing at the top of the plant and keeping it alive.

So yes, we DO get fungal diseases but the plants produce in spite of them and the plants die before the foliage disease kills them.

I am not trying to keep my plants going until November or even later like some of you so no need for me to spray anything and I am a firm believer that if you don't need it - don't just spray because others do. Location makes a BIG difference.
brownrexx is offline   Reply With Quote