View Single Post
Old August 2, 2016   #1
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Default What Now thje season is over...??

Hi...The season is well over and was a disaster but I have to try again with a new roof ,glass panels instead of film to hold the strong winds that seem to be an annual occurance in early summer ..November December and I really have to use soil heating...
First I have to see what I can save from last season and I need help on this...
This was the 3rd year and I used new soil each time and its simply not viable for me ...I have the soil still in the planter bags with the roots and about 3 to 4 inches of stem still in the soil ....I had hoped my composting drums would be ready but they are not so i wonder how I can get out of this mess...Worse I got disease's in my plants last season so everything has to be washed with a bleach ....However First I have to attend to the soil in the planter bags ....
I presume I can do what I have done in previous seasons...Stack all the planter bags with the soil stems etc in an out of the way place and cover them up... ... then go to the soil of 3 years ago thats been in storage and see what condition its in and perhaps mix with some high grade new Tomato mix for the coming seasons planting .......

I would welcome any comment on this...Time is going so quickly ...Thanks Ron
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2430.jpg (480.9 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2431.jpg (469.7 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2432.jpg (505.2 KB, 156 views)
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote