Thread: Figs
View Single Post
Old July 29, 2016   #11
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Thanks so much for the help folks. I think I am going to try several of the methods. Baggies, now that I know it can be done and making the recipes to try putting some in jars in the freezer. I never knew you could freeze jams and jellies like that.

I've tried canning several types and I always do something wrong. Besides having lids pop up and down I've opened jars up I have tried to do and found fuzzy stuff looking back at me. The trash cans are happy when I try my hand at canning. I am in awe of folks who do can. Canners are a special breed of folks.

I follow recipes and try to be so careful and still end up with moldy stuff. Canners have a magical touch that I just can't seem to get and I tired of spending all that time buying jars and lids and all the prepping just to toss everything out. What makes me sad is when I have to throw out so much product from my failure when I could have just given the fresh produce and fruits to somebody else to eat.

I love when there are festivals going on cuz usually there all kinds of folks with canned stuff and I buy from them few jars at a time to keep in the fridge.

Learning how to freeze things instead of trying to can is new to me too, but I am hoping for better success.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote