Thread: Hold the Mayo!
View Single Post
Old June 26, 2016   #35
oakley
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellmanns View Post
Thanks.. .thanks a lot.

I've got some tomatoes on a plane right now heading my way, form Carolina. BLT's tonight. So excited.

Got the bacon....spotted a tiny jar of Hellman's in the back of a pantry shelf. Disgusting. It separated and the white is hard. (dated 2012). I don't use much mayo

Just tried to make some with same spice as jared...(watched y-tube 'how its made')
I know how to make my own but don't have eggs. Not about to go back out to a grocery...busy in the yard.
Used plain greek yogurt, some fetta, lemon, ac vinegar, some spice...paprika, mustard powder, sriracha, drizzle oil in a small cuisinart...disgusting.
Usually good at putting sauces together. Looks like an OrangeJulius and tastes like liquid orange jello...oh well.
I'll use avocado. Got that.

Made a german style potato salad last night as a trial for the up-coming 4th weekend.
Fantastic. Sautéed slivers of leek, shallot, garlic, etc. Added chopped celery and olives.
Tossed in a mustard vinaigrette. Might use toasted pecans and diced red pepper next week...chopped cilantro garnish.
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote