View Single Post
Old June 12, 2016   #29
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

JLJ,

No, I didn't find a site that proved that solarization would take care of them long term. Post number 26 is an idea that came from reading those two and many other sites and nothing is a foolproof way of eliminating RKN. My wife didn't have the time to read all the sites I did - she only read the two.

What I am hoping for is more replies just like yours.

I've been growing a garden for the past two years of way too much rain. I blamed every garden problem on too much rain. I'm glad to find out that there is a cause. It stinks that it is RKN, but at least, now I know where to start working on making our garden better. Solarization is one thought or approach. There are other things that help too.

There is even the thought (In the back of my mind) of building raised beds with solid bottoms in that 45' x 45' fenced in garden space. It would cost more, but be easier to plant and harvest things like summer squash - and most other things. Raised beds are much easier to work with.

There is a lot to think about. This was day 1 of finding out about RKN.

For years, the tomato roots look just like the ones I posted pictures of - I believed that was just what tomato roots look like.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote