View Single Post
Old June 4, 2016   #1
MrSalvage
Tomatovillian™

Default In what order should sprays be applied? Spray Schedule...

First off thanks for visiting my thread! Second i am a new gardener that's been armed with all kinds of info from this site. I am trying to learn the in's and out's for maintaining a garden. I have therefore been working on getting my arsenal in order.

I am certainly in information overload so to speak. I have picked up a few insecticide's & fungicide's. I have also bought 4 cheap Chapin 1 gallon sprayer's, to help with all the different things that need to be done. I guess the only thing left do is list what I have bought.

Clorox w/Sodium Hypochlorite 8.25%
Dawn Ultra - Original Scent (Blue Liquid). Says it cleans 2x more.
Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade
GardenTech - Daconil, Fungicide Concentrate
Bonide - Pyrethrin, Garden Insect Spray Concentrate
Bonide - Thuricide, Bacillus Thuringiensis (BT)
Straining Screen
4x 1 Gallon Sprayers

So the next logic step for me is to figure out in what order do i need to apply some of these different sprays. I know everyone's garden has different needs at different times. I also realize that what works in one part of the word might not necessarily work in my part of the world.

Here is my concerns. I have never sprayed anything before. I don't know in what order i should spray these. I don't know how long to wait between spraying. You get the idea right? I am a rookie...

So in a nut shell i am freaking out. Anyway I have read a lot of info here. As you can see below i have gleaned some recipes. Hopefully to help keep my garden growing for the rest of the summer.

Fungus Mixtures:
---
Clorox w/Sodium Hypochlorite 8.25%

or

GardenTech - Daconil, Fungicide Concentrate

Insects Mixtures:
---
Bonide - Thuricide, Bacillus Thuringiensis (BT)

or

Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade
Bonide - Pyrethrin, Garden Insect Spray Concentrate

I known your going to need more info. What that is I am not sure. I will be happy to supply what info you need and even some great pictures.

It is going to rain here today and on Sunday so they say. It's been over cast all day but I didn't want to go out and start spraying until I understood better about the time frames.

As always thank you gals & guys in advance for any of your time.
_Bill
MrSalvage is offline   Reply With Quote