View Single Post
Old May 29, 2016   #39
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulac View Post
Only one word comes to my mind when I see the equipment : brilliant. There must have been a butcher or a professional cook among your ancestors who obviously gave you the right genes.
Of course I have some questions to ask :
Will you dep freeze everything or dry some sausage or ham ? how long ?
Do you know where the pig comes from ? Just like chickens there's a tremendous difference between the meat of an industrially raised pig and the meat of an older animal that has run and picked up some of its food in the open air.
When guests sit at your table I'm sure they notice a difference between your production and store products.
As far as I know there are no butchers or professional cooks in my family.
When I was growing up I loved all things sausage.
But never got to eat very much of it because we didn't make it nor could we afford to buy it.
Even though we raised or own meat.
I was going to say that the pork was just run of the mill pork butt from the store but it isn't.
It is Smith Field brand pork from what I have read and heard they have a lot more concern and control as to how the pork is raised.
The meat says it too.
This stuff will be mixed with my own spices for sweet Italian sausage and put in a freezer that stays at -4 F

I'm not even going to bother putting it in casings I dont think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matereater View Post
Great pics of a job well done !!
Thank you Steve.

As for how I do things and have stuff organized there are two ways to do it.
The show way and the practical working way.

I have yet to figure out how to organize my tool chest as to where I like it.
Too many obsolete tools and I dont want to get rid of them.
Who uses a brake spring removing and installing tool anymore with disk brakes.
Piston ring groove cleaner and so on.
Plus I just realized I have 4 hand drills plus the drill press.
One is an old Speedway from the 40's that belonged to my wife's grandfather along with two big old saws made by Montgomery Wards.

When I made the knife rack I used the drill press and back fence I made to drill the pilot holes for screws.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote