View Single Post
Old May 19, 2016   #9
Jeannine Anne
Tomatovillian™

Wi- Sunflower, we are in the same boat it seems, however I have grown the Fedco one, it is the same as the one from all over the name changes slightly but it is the same one, in fact I do grow it but up to the large marrow size, if picked smaller to recreate the original it doesn't seem to have the same texture. For those who don't know the Lebanese squash it does not have the water content as zucchini, it is drier and has a nuttier taste.

I do have a list of alternatives but they are all hybrid.

Clarimore, Greybeard, Profit,Basima ,Alexandria, BarQ, Ishtar.

there is one simply called Coosa which I have not tried, and there is one called Kuta, but I don't know much about it.

And there is of course the White Bush. AKA Lebanese Marrow, AKA Lebanese White Bush ,
AKA Lebanese White Bush Marrow, and so on depending on who is selling it.It is OP.

I think I might just grow a couple of the hybrids and see if they really are.

Cousa by the way is the name of the dish that they are used in so it became verbally cousa squash, . Cousa has tons of phonetic spellings for the same thing.

So maybe if we try to keep this open we can compare notes or sources for seeds .

Taboule if you can find it in Boston markets maybe you could save some seeds and we can try them out.

Salix , the taste is very different to your Trieste.
Jeannine Anne is offline   Reply With Quote