View Single Post
Old May 8, 2016   #34
mrdoitall
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
Carolyn I hope that you and Rob enjoy Daniel Burson as much as I did last year. It was one of those that I would eyeball every day to see if I could eat one all by myself. This was one tomato that I coveted and would not share not even with my beloved daughter!

As far as getting regular leaf plants from these seeds, I just do not see it. I know that I said that I would start 25 seeds to check the leaf types, but I started 40 instead. Of 40 seeds started 40 germinated. One was a helmet head and perished. All of the 39 remaining plants have potato leafed foliage. So of the 100 or so seeds that all of us have started, only one person reports to have regular leafed plants. Given that, I am pretty certain that the seeds are true.

Now I just have to find homes for most of these plants.......
Just so you know I do suffer from Dislexia. I also have very bad eyesight. With that said. I first said that I had 2 Regular leaf and 1 potato leaf Daniel Burson. But it was 1 Regular leaf and 2 potato leaf Daniel Burson. The day I started the Daniel Burson seed I got from you. I also started 3 Bella Rosa tomato seed. Also 3 Rampo tomato seed... But that is all the seed I had out at the time. I will grow the 3 plants out and see if we can figure out what the regular leaf plants is. Also I will not trade the Regular seed or the potato seed Daniel Burson seed from my plants. It has to be a mistake on my end. With all the other growers getting Potato leaf plants... If it was a cross we all would be getting RL and PL plants. I will let you know what I discover later in the year. Thank again for giving me the Daniel Burson tomato seed.

Dwight
mrdoitall is offline   Reply With Quote