View Single Post
Old April 19, 2016   #172
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloomtomaguy View Post
These were Brandywine Cherry and came from last years MMMM swap. When i grew them last year they seemed to be Brandywine Cherry Pink, grew true to type, and showed no signs of chartreuse foliage. I was unable to save seed because my wife liked this variety too much and ate every last one of them. I used the same seeds from last years swap this year so its possible there was a seed mix up or a accidental cross from the seed i received. Only time will tell now.
heirloomtomatoguy,
Back in September a tomatovillian friend sent me some Brandywine Cherry Dark seeds. I now have I believe 4 BCD plants in raised beds. All are doing well. 3 plants have numerous smallish tomatoes set on them while one has somewhat larger (up to 3" diameter) tomatoes on it. All the plants look as is they are the same variety and the tomatoes have the same shape and look but as I said the plants on 1 are significantly larger. I have pictures below. The tomato is actually has more of a wine color than my picture shows. I know the fourth is not from any of my other seeds because I don't have any seeds for plants at all similar to this. Is it possible that the BDC is not completely stable and is somewhat variable. I want to keep seeds from this plant because it may represent my best success of the season. However, I would like to know more certainly what it is. I was hoping you would take a look at my pictures and give me your thoughts as to whether this is actually a BDC or what it might be.
Thanks much,
Larry

Update: The tomato has been identified as a Brandywine Cherry Dark by tomatovillian and Florida Coordinator ginger2778.
Thanks Again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3422.jpg (333.2 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3423.jpg (318.5 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3420.jpg (405.3 KB, 135 views)

Last edited by Zone9b; April 19, 2016 at 09:02 PM. Reason: New Information Received Which Answered my Question
Zone9b is offline   Reply With Quote