View Single Post
Old April 3, 2016   #19
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorbelly View Post
If only this were true, those excellent, vintage cast iron pieces wouldn't cost as much as they do now. Although the guys just might be slightly more to blame; you can't get a decent date in NYC if you're a man who can't handle himself like a champ in the kitchen, and I can't think of a single male friend of mine in any big, progressive city who doesn't fight to be in the kitchen as much as his partner (who, granted, could be a man or a woman). I don't know anyone--not a single household--among all my "city friends" that does not have an excellent cast iron skillet at the very least. Many of them own vintage or family heirloom cast iron.

Hey, here's a thought--how about we rethink these 30 year old stereotypes about "folks that don't live like we do"? You don't see me yukking it up over "those country rubes"--and for good reason: I know that that stereotype doesn't hold up.
I dont collect cast iron I use it.
It just so happens I use it a lot.
Maybe I should move to the big city and show off my cooking prowess to get a gal.
Here is my take on demographics cast iron cook tops and cooking.
I have a glass top stove I use cast iron on it.
People say it will scratch the stove top well maybe a little but.
It is a darn stove top not the body of a 100,000 show car for crying out loud.
Since when did a stove become a play pretty and not a tool to cook on.
I have a friend that loves his cast iron and has a glass stove top.
He said he would love to use the cast iron but doesn't want to scratch his top.
Really dude I said that is like going out and buying a hammer and not using it because you might scratch the thing.

By the way the best way to clean a glass top stove top is with a razor blade.
When it stop's getting stuff off and going under the stuff flip it over and it will work again.
You can buy a 20 year supply of these things for the price of the worthless kit they sell that does nothing.
Or am I the only person that has stuff boil over on the stove.
I remember the great marmalade eruption of 2015.
Worth

Last edited by Worth1; April 3, 2016 at 02:06 PM.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote