View Single Post
Old March 28, 2016   #44
Jeannine Anne
Tomatovillian™

clkeiper, thank you, you just dive in if I mention anything you would like.

I have just found a smaller size Brussels sprout in the UK called Early Half Tall, it is on it's way as we speak with the other cauliflower I was looking for which is Igloo.

Rhubarb Mousse.. well I don't have a recipe as such but this is how I do it.

Simmer the rhubarb till very soft in very little water, just a tiny bit to get it going, sweeten it a bit use , aim for about 1 cup full when finished. Don't over water it. When done blast it in your blender if you have one, if not it doesn't matte.

I then use Jello, you can use gelatin if you wish but you would need to use more sugar and I find the color is great, use raspberry or strawberry. Make up the Jello with half the water it calls for then add about half cup whipping cream, mix then add the ruhubarb mixture, stir and chill and that's it.

When I make it I double the recipe. If you are concerned about the amount of cream you can use less just adjust the water content .

Don't add too much water to the rhubarb or you will hav etoo much fluid and the Jello won't set. Enjoy.

Last edited by Jeannine Anne; March 28, 2016 at 08:31 PM. Reason: wrong amount in recipe
Jeannine Anne is offline   Reply With Quote