View Single Post
Old April 13, 2007   #79
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsack View Post
I was burned a couple of years ago when I lost many picture links from a travel board I participated on. The webmaster who was hosting the pictures (free to start with - later a small annual fee) had a disagreement with some of the board members and kicked them off the board and deleted their pictures. I was not one of them at that time, but it made me realize what thin ice you tread on when you rely on a private individual to be your host. I continued using the service for a time, but due to periodic disruption in services, eventually began to store my pictures on Photobucket. When I did not renew with my old host, I permanently lost all the existing photo links in my travel reports, some of which were in archives on different boards.

Dee
I guess I missed this part when I was responding to your post.

I can certainly understand your concern. I am able to separate emotions towards 1 topic from another topic. Even if I stopped posting today at Tomatoville, I would not "delete" anyone's galleries unless they posted inappropriate images or sent me threatening e-mails. I'm in this for the long haul. FeldonCentral.com has existed for 6 years and I now have a dozen websites hosted on this server and will probably expand in the future.

One thing you'll notice about my gallery is if you rearrange the categories or change the sequence of the images in your own gallery or subgalleries, it will not affect any images you have embedded or linked to in other websites. Also, if you want to re-upload a better copy of the same image, you can use the "Reupload" feature which will maintain all old links and image placement in other websites and on other forums.

I am all about giving people a PERMANENT place to store their photos and try to eliminate as much as possible broken links and broken images.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote